Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

My nephew gave this to me..i do not know who to tell or where to go.....

Im staying a secret because this is an ify situation and im scared to death..My neice and nephew live with their mom and her boy friend..they are 8 and 10 and just recently came back to my sis after being taken out of her house 4 yrs ago..her boyfriend is 5 yrs younger and in my opinion a damn piece of shit..cruel punishments threats to my family for interfering and constantly scare my sis and kids..well my youngest nephew tells me stories about him threatning them and treating my sister awful..the kids wentr through sexual physical and mental abuse all their life this was suppossed to be a new start..well he brought over a bullet to a shot gun to prove to me that he really had the gun...this guy is a wanna be thug no money but acts like hes all that just came around and took over the kids are scared to death of going to the school and pd tomorrow..what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Answers (11)
  • if you are that concerned go ahead...but at the same time i would be worried about the cops and school telling on the child..believe me some higher officials are stupid when it comes to things like this and can easily spill the beans making life alot harder for the child, children and your sister...if i was truely and honestly concerned i would report it but i would make it very clear that i did not want it told the child said anything..

    Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • go to the cops and go to cps

    Answer by 3xangel at 10:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • I would contact child protective services and say you want to be kept anonymous. Someone needs to intervene before those children are shot to death.


    Answer by Joeygoat at 10:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Apparently I didn't read it well enough. Sorry!

    Cruel punishments and threats against kid and mom... not cool. I agree call cps and tell them to bring police that the guy is dangerous. Also see if you can find any info for local abused women shelters, so she can get away.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • i agree 100% with Joeqoat- Someone Needs to Intervene Now! Just Be Careful! Those kids need to get out of that Horrible situation!

    Answer by daisyb at 11:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Just having a bullet in no way proves he has a gun ~

    It sounds as though the kids are in dire need of help, and the same for your sister whether or not she realizes it. I'd call cps and let them know what is going on. If the kids were just returned to her custody it's likely that they haven't closed the case yet and that will make it easier for them to check into things.

    If your sister is scared, she may not tell her caseworker the truth ~ but you could help by offering her a ride to a shelter, letting her know there are other options, and just listening when she needs to talk. From the sounds of it, she needs a friend right now.

    Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • please do something quickly I hope you have sat your sister down and ask her how much she wants her kids to suffer. I think she needs some help if she allows this to keep happening her kids need her to be right. My mother allowed other people to hit us and discipline us she does not want this to destroy them. MY SO was like that as well and the guy was allowed to hit and punish them as well. Talk to your sister if nothing happens go to your parent muster all the support you can for those kids. GL Momma


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • You definately need to be going to see someone. I would recommend calling CPS though instead of the school. The school doesn't always take the correct route. If they report this to the Mom or Boyfirend then something horrible could happen before CPS can remove the kids.

    Answer by hsmominky at 11:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • the bullet IMO doesn't prove anything at all.. I would focus on the physical, emotional, and sexual abuse..
    and call cps about those.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Go to the cops but tell them you will not say who gave you the info until your sis and kids are out safe.

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.