• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

jerk for a husband

I have no money my car is in need of repairs,my job is 9 an hour and its not fulltime. I'm not in love with my husband anymore he screams at my kids my daughter can't even get help with her homework and he is the only one who comprehends her math. He was just swearing at her after she asked her dad what 60/4 is and he was saying I'm not gonna fing give you the damn answer. It wasn't even the whole problem on her homework. I cant put up with this anymore he's is hurting my daughter so much,my other kids that are smaller dont even ask for his help cause he is ignorant. I have fallen out of love with him and he's done it all on his own. I need to leave but cant cause I'm poor my job isnt fulltime and I have nowhere to go. I should've never married a man that drinks and hates his own mom. He sucks as a husband and father. What should I do ladies? PS talking does NOTHING . I've talked till I was blue in the face.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • Have you looked into government help to get out? There are always options, they may not be ideal options, but they are there.

    do you have any family that can help?

    Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Do you have family to go to? Or maybe a shelter? Is he abusive and can you call the police and have him removed? If you do not make enough money to pay the bills you may have to go to a shelter. Contact welfare maybe they can get you low income housing.

    Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • You need to get out, even if you save up a little at a time, get out!! GOING ON PA ISN"T ALWAYS A BAD THING!!!! IF YOU NEED THE HELP, TRY TO GET THE HELP!!

    I hope things get better for you... =/ Best of luck..

    as for him being nasty to your daughter, tell him if he can't say anything nice to keep his damn mouth closed.

    Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Sorry !! Verbal abuse is terrible. I would suggest calling your county for emergency help. Or better yet go in. They have programs to help you. You are not alone and don't have to go through this by yourself. If you need,(through a battered womens shelter) there should be someone available (an advocate) to help you through this. Verbal abuse is still abuse. I know it is scary but just ingnore the emotions and stay logical. If you can't do it for yourself get your strength doing it for your kids. It may seem difficult but it will be better on the other side. You just have to go through a few things to get there. There is a better life waiting for you. Keep your chin up and stay strong. It will be OK. I know I have been there. :-) Hugs!!

    Answer by LeJane at 10:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • I've been in similar situations, and sometimes a homeless shelter is a great place to go to in order to get on your feet. Yes there's a lot of rules you have to follow, but if your situation is that bad, then it's worth it.

    Answer by GenieBean at 11:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Sweetie, Eight years ago I was in a relationship much like yours. I tried to leave three times and each time was manipulated into believing he would change. Finally, I realized what it was doing to my Daughter. I had to leave for her. Now, my life is wonderful.
    Do you have any family that you can stay with until you can save up? Why don't you sign up for Section 8 and get on a wiating list? There are Emergency Shelters that you can go to. In situations like this, it is okay to ask for Government Help. You can get help with a place to stay, clothes, food, and more. Good Luck Getting out sweety.

    Answer by hsmominky at 11:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • I think you have to start by making a financial plan for yourself. Start saving money. Find out what it would take to get by on your income, including what you might be able to get in child support and alimony. Even if it takes you some time to get out, just the fact that you are planning it will give you hope and dignity. In the meantime, do all you can to build your kids up. Be straightforward with them and let them know they don't deserve to be treated that way. I'm so sorry! You're a beautiful strong woman, and you don't deserve this!!!

    Answer by Adelicious at 11:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • Do you have any family or friends that can help you out, even temporarily? You nor your child deserve to put up with this. Go to Social Services and see if they can help you out.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

  • Do you belong to a church? They can help too.

    Answer by midnightshadow2 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010


    Answer by ladybug36519 at 2:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.