you worse child care experience~

mine was the person (RN) was shopping lifting with my child in a wheelchair...stuffing stuff behind his back...when the security camera caught her, she wouldn't give them my phone number to pick up my kid...she thought she could talk herself out of it....they were going to call CPS and take her to jail...shit I do fostercare....can you imagine me getting a call asking if I would take a placement like my son...shit...I would have said NO....

I had my phone number on his backpack and the store had to call me~can you imagine.... I called references even~

surfcitymom

Asked by surfcitymom at 10:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My worst experience ever was having DH's grandma give my 4 month old 16 oz of formula in the space of 3 hours after she had just been breastfed and she knew I was going to feed right when I got back. All told, pretty mild.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This was with his first sitter. I''d gotten off work 2 hours early. Was really happy about that, was going to get my boy and get to spend some extra time with him. I get there, her car isn't there. I rang her doorbell, knocked on the door, no answer. I looked in the backyard, no one there. I tried calling, no answer. Tried her cell phone, no answer. I start driving around looking for her car, no sign. Drive back and forth in front of her house. Wait for a few minutes, go looking again. Keep calling and calling. Finally reach her, maybe an hour and a half or so later. She's back and I rush back. She's gone inside, I see my son in her vehicle, pull him out and I'm pissed. She said she'd just gotten there and had only gone to open the door and put something in quick. Well, I chewed her out for that and of course she started crying and was apologizing up and down, but that was the turning point for me right there (more)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• (con't) but that was the turning point for me right there. I mean, we'd been feeling uncomfortable with her for awhile, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Oh, she had gone to take one of the kids home (the others had already left earlier) because her mom was sick and she ended up staying there visiting with her for awhile. One freaking phone call is all it would have taken. Let me know where my son was! I was so glad when we found someone else.

I would have killed her if anything had happened to him.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't trust references for everyone, you can give fake ones! My worst childcare experience was when I was a nanny for a family with four children. There was a 12 year old boy, two 8 year old boys and an 8 year old girl (triplets, obviously). Well the girl was autistic and also had cerebral palsy; she was still in diapers, couldn't feed herself, was non-functioning basically. I've taken care of special needs kids before, but this family expected me to take care of all four kids, 50 hours a week, for ten dollars an hour. I did it out of necessity, but I should have been getting paid double; the boys were rude, physically abusive, basically out of control. The little girl was so sweet and I do miss her, but I don't miss the job!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 10:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I had a 13 yr old watching my children for a few hours in the afternoon. She came on a recommendation. The girls were napping and my sister stopped in unannounced and the girl was sitting on my couch, watching TV, smoking my cigarettes and drinking a beer.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• OH WOW, Corrina! That's HORRIBLE! I used to babysit when I was 12. I cannot imagine putting a 12-year-old watch my kid! Thatgirl... I guess I don't really understand the situation. Was she lying to you about having left your kid in the car to open the door? It all sounds to me like a misunderstanding. I guess if your mother's intuition told you there was something wrong, maybe there was....?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Being called at work and being told listen to this and it was my son screaming at the top of his lungs crying. I couldn't believe it. I was told that he always did this when she left the room and he was left with another person and she couldn't do this anymore that she had other kids to tend to. Fighting tears I slammed the phone down, my boss had heard what was said the daycare and crying was so loud. I left and went and got my son and never took him back there. He never did this with anyone else and had always been fine entertaining himself. The only thing I could think of was what was that other worker doing while my son was left with her?
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010