i am getting the essure on friday

I am getting the essure on friday. I am relieved that i will be protected permentaly, but little nervous about all the meds they will have me one. I am scared i will be doped up all weekend and not be able to take are of my kids. Has anyone had this procedure done or heard any thing about it ?

pandpmommy

Asked by pandpmommy at 10:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• I never heard of it before, good luck!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• clueless...I thought you might be talking about ensure the formula~What are you going thru? Good On Ya~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it is a permanent birth control
    pandpmommy

Comment by pandpmommy (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I just heard of it when I was researching alternatives to the surgery and my doctor does it and he didnt mention any pain meds at all he said it takes 10 minutes and you get to leave after 30 minutes and then wait 3 months and its permanent after they do the dye test... let me know how it goes cause im kinda nervous about it lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i will let u know
    pandpmommy

Comment by pandpmommy (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I had it done and I was doped up for that day. Next day I was up and moving no pain the next day either.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Same as mamaofficer. I was on heavy pain meds the day of the procedure. After that I had some pain meds that I took for the weekend (vicoden cut in half) and then I was done. They just usually like to give ya extra pain meds in case you need them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2010