Is Nair Naturally Smooth Warm Wax a good product to use, and if so for what areas?

I tried using it on my underarms, but all it did was leave me sticky and didn't remove any hair. It worked great on my legs, but I really don't know how much to put on or how long to leave it on before ripping the strip off. Any tips would be great.

GenieBean

Asked by GenieBean at 10:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use Gigi. You heat it in the microwave and don't need muslin strips to pull it off. You can use it for any area on the body.

You need to put on enough to make a somewhat thick coating and only pull off when it's cool.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• What do you use to pull it off with?
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• As long as you put it on somewhat thick, it is self peeling. It doesn't break or flake off but pulls off in a strip.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• That's awsome! Where can I get some and how much does it cost?
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I got mine at Sally Beauty Supply. I think it was around $15 for the jar and I've had it for almost a year and it's still 1/4 full.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• That's great! Thanks for your help! :)
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Welcome
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I just went to look at it and it's Gigi strip free microwave formula...there are a couple different formulas
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Okay, again thank you very much! You have been very helpful.
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Be careful. All waxes are different. Make sure you know what you are doing and read all instructions. Some some require thick layers of wax while some will rip off skin when but on too thick. Also, if you don't follow proper waxing procedures the hair will not come off.
    A few tips from a licensed professional
    Make sure skin is dry, clean, and free of irritation and oils
    Apply powder to skin. It works as a buffer and protects from ripping off way too much skin
    Apply in the direction of the growth
    When removing NEVER pull straight up always pull back holding the skin with pressure and very tight!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010