How do they handle the difference?

If you take your infant to a daycare or other, how do they handle the difference between formula and breastmilk?

Do they charge more, do they have different requirements?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on the childcare provider. I've heard some charge more for storing/handling breastmilk, some refuse to do it at all, some don't care and will do whatever you want. That's something you'll have to ask when shopping around so you can factor that into your decision.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• At my daycare, either I brought in formula, or I brought in breast milk. Neither was provided by the daycare :-). The price for the care was the same no matter what.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Oh, I don't know my kids are all grown, but I'll give you my last bump.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My daycare lady would have provided the formula free of charge if my DD hadn't been breastfed. so either way, it was free! but i think it varies greatly with different daycare people.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Ours didn't charge more. It would be labeled an in the fridge with the other bottles or however you do it. And the kid would get it when they were hungry or on whatever schedule you laid out for us.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• There is no reason for them to change from breast milk to formula. You just pump and store the breast milk.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 12:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010