Sibling gentetic testing

I tried google, but the sites I found were referring to if the siblings had the "same mother and father" Say one would like to know if a baby born is related to the children by the father only. Say the father is passed away and so a DNA test cant happen that way. Can a child born of that father be tested to baby of a different mother to find out if that was the babies father?

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• Call the nearest place that does DNA tests. They should be able to answer your question.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 1:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, this should be possible. How you'd go about doing it, I have no idea. Good luck.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have seen an episode like that on Maury so Im guessing its possible. The woman's dad passed away and she tested his daughter whom had another mother to see if he was her father.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes, they can tell through genetic testing if two people are related - even if they don't share both parents.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Call a DNA testing center most can and will do it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes it can be done. It will have to be done through a DNA center. Give them a call and they can tell you what they need. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010