to the mom with the spanking question...not beat*

sorry you had to hear that awful answer from purpul (sp?) i've never made a welt, but i have left a handprint that went away in less than a minute. just next time your son isn't listening and you get frustrated, you take a time out yourself, calm down and then try to figure out why he's not listening. if it's just because it's his age, then set him somewhere, like in his room, where it's safe for him to play alone while you get some "me time", while listening out for him as well. GL and don't feel too bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I most def agree with you also i did get to answer that question i cant find it now im guessing she deleted it because of the bashing..but its like i said also..all moms get overwhelmed at some point in time..and its nothing to be ashamed of we are only human...and i could have said it any better than you did!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You know anon, I tried to post an answer along those same lines, but by the time I hit the submit the question had been deleted. Thank you for posting this. It is always important for us parents to remember that you are never too old to take a time out.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• whoops meant couldnt have said it any better than you did lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I was trying to write something encouraging too! Long reply short, I just said that we spank, and I don't think you're a terrible parent. I know it's like the hardest rule of spanking, but try to keep calm and your composure so your child doesn't see it as "mommy doesn't know what else to do other than hit me!"

Most people are just misguided and don't understand how a spanking is carried out properly.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Who freakin spanks a 14 month old?!?!?! She should feel bad. And I AM a mom who spanks but I think she's a big meanie that needs to learn some other ways to deal with a baby.... Like redirect and distract. Save spanking for when outward defiance meets a dangerous situation.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i spanked my babies at 9 months...ok well if you want to call it that. it was more like a pop on the hand really. after taking them away from the book shelf a thousand times, and that socket (even thought it was covered) a pop on the hand was worth it. they never took books down or touched the sockets again lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I must have missed the question, but I get the gif of it.. && Honestly, I once spanked my child too hard. He was climbing on his dresser & dunking a cord in to his fish tank. We thought he was sleeping.. It scared me really badly.I reacted out of fear/anger..... I left a bruise on his butt.... It took me forever to forgive myself for it...

While I do still spank, if I know Im really upset, I send him to time out or to his room, or I walk away from him, go into the bathroom (Its in the middle the hallway with two doors, I leave the one door from the laundry room/kitchen open) so I can still hear him & calm down...

Most times we now go forever without getting "popped", & when I have to spank him, he knows that I mean what I say... & he knows hes in major trouble, because I hate doing it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Hey anon... your a big meanie too! :P Try putting the books where the kid can't reach them and buying screw on outlet covers. Doesn't take a whole lot of brain power to out-think a 9 month old.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• What idiot spanks a 9 month old. No wonder you go annon. Redirect!!!
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• why when just a pop on the hand and they never do it again? lol. they have to learn eventually, you can't just keep putting things higher and higher as they grow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010