Some really good easy recipes!

My husband and I love to cook, but everything we make is more complicated and takes a while (ie, Thai peanut chicken, lots of curry, pasta with our own sauces, etc). Our DD eats everything we eat, but I'm tired of making such involved meals. What are some good recipes (not just mac & cheese, burgers, etc) that are also easy and quick?

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I made chicken and stuffing skillet tonight. It's just chicken breasts, a box of stuffing mix (or you can make your own with chicken broth and stuffing cubes), cream of mushroom and cheese. I fancy ours up with onion, celery, corn and peas in the stuffing (just toss them in the boiling water/broth for the stuffing). Then mix the stuffing as directed. Cook the chicken in the oven or in a pan (or I used my foreman grill), put on top of the stuffing. Mix the soup with 1/2 can of milk and pour over chicken and then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Heat until the cheese is melted and the soup is bubbly.
    My kids love it and it really doesn't take long (especially if you cook the chicken ahead of time).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lemon pork chops
    salt and pepper both sides of your pork chops and brown both sides in a skillet with oil.
    layer them in a crockpot with lemon slices and stewed tomatos, cook on high for 4-6 hours until fall apart tender!
    serve over rice
    easy and you can set it and forget it.....it makes a wonderful dinner and yummy left overs!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Another favorite is what we call pizza spaghetti. It's basically all the kind of toppings you would have on pizza mixed in with spaghetti. I use ground Italian sausage when I can find, hamburger when I can't. Just brown it then mix with a big jar of chunky spaghetti sauce (or regular sauce and add chopped green pepper, onion and mushrooms), about 1/2-1 box of uncooked spaghetti (depends on how big of a batch you are making) and a cup of water. Cook until the spaghetti is done then stir in some sliced black olives. Layer some pepperoni over the top and coat with pizza cheese. Warm until cheese is melted.
    My kids LOVE this stuff and it's just spaghetti with extra stuff in it and cheese on top (got the idea from a recipe in a book but I modified it to fit my kids).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Pinapple chicken... take chicken breast and a can of sliced pinapples. Put them in a baking pan and cut or poke fork holes into the chicken. Pour the Pinapples and juice over the chicken. Let it marinate for a few hours ( I prefer over night)

bake in the oven at 350 degrees and service with a side of rice, mashed potatos and bread. Takes about 30 - 40 mins to cook. and it's really simple
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That sounds really REALLY good! I don't normally like pork, maybe we'll try it with steak or chicken instead, but thank you so much for the suggestion!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Comment by SarahLeeMorgan (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Jen, that sounds good too!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Comment by SarahLeeMorgan (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010