HELLO, EVERYBODY, I AM A DIABETIC 2 AND I CAN'T GET IT TO GO DOWN DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO GET IT DOWN. THANK YOU WILDMOMMA1969

WILDMOMMA1969

Asked by WILDMOMMA1969 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• do you mean your blood sugar? are you on insulin?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Go see an endocrinologist. Sometimes a family doc just isn't enough.... Good luck.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'll bet there is a Moms with Diabetes group on here! They would have some tricks and you could get some support! Look them up!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I know that a lot of extra carbs can shoot the numbers up because they are fast sugar. So can fruits. They may be healthy, but they still have a LOT of natural sugar. The best thing to do is to ask your doctor to refer you to a nutrition specialist to help you learn HOW to eat to keep your levels where they should be.

Exercise can also help (but again check with your doctor). This is because exercise uses the extra sugars for energy.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If it is dangerously high please go to the ER right now. So many of us are not diabetic and I wouldnt dare give you info I have no clue about here in cm,,,,I hope this helps
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• eat a pickle...the vinegar helps a little
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My mom is a severe diabetic and has been since I was 10yrs old. She is now on an insulin pump its very small and very convenient to work. It has really seemed to help keep her's down and works wonders.
    Abbysmommy0208

Answer by Abbysmommy0208 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I see that a patch may become available, and NOW a type of INHALED INSULIN is used. Since 2006 a kind of nebulizer for insulin with a pipe and a charger unit, you plug in, which inhaled delivers the insulin which is absorbed through the lungs and to the rest of the bloodstream. It's 4 years now being used. Called .....""EXUBERA""" You need to have a lung evaluation . It's only given when the diabetic is able to use at least 70% of the total lung strength.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If possible try to do some small walks but work up gradually to longer steady walks, eat no sugar at all, and try to make things using only banana,/ with bran cereals, skimmed milk, cinnamon for flavoring, and stay away from too much binge eating, like fried ""to-go"" foods, french fries, etc. Keep taking the insulin. Only do this with all intent to keep a fairly stable routine, ,, but if you can't walk much or at all, it will be harder to deal.with. Keep some form of enjoyment like puzzles, magazines, and a place to go walk to for a long term goal to reach, but keep the shorter walks realistic.

happiness and success are yours each day. ( watch out for ingredients, like yeasts, and malts, being that they derive from sugars)
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The healthiest diet for diabetics is a low fat vegan diet. Here are a few resources for you:

http://blogs.webmd.com/life-with-diabetes-2/2010/05/low-fat-vegan-diet-for-reversing-diabetes.html

www.fatfreevegan.com

http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html  

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010