WTH DO I DO ABOUT HIM??

I have 7 kids, just had surgery and my hubby refuses to help around the house! hes one of them traditional type husbands thinks i should do all the work but PLEASE!! Its for sickness and health and I need him! We can not afford hired help and NO he doesnt work! please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• if he thinks a womans place is in the home , then he must also agree a mans place is out working , what an ass.
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 12:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Well,,,,since there are seven kids with 7 pairs of hands and you want to keep hubby around. Hand out chores. Sorry about your surgery and good luck with your situation
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• if he's absolutely no help around the house AND he's not working, then what good is he for? i think it's time to yell at your husband. =P
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree with both PP. Why isn't he working? If he doens't work then he should not be leaving everything up to you to do. That's a real jerkish thing to do.
    You are going to have to hand out chores to your kids. How old are they? You need to just deligate and let your kids help you right now.
    When you are better, you need to deal with the situation with your Hubby. It sounds like you guys might need counseling or something.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm with the first poster.... If he wants to pull that traditional role BS then he needs to be working or out there every day pounding the pavement looking for a job.

I'm sorry that he won't help you around the house. That is not right of him at all.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You are too sick to cook or clean... so either him or the kids should figure it out.

If you push yourself, you will only damage whatever your surgery was repairing. I say you rest for however long the doctor ordered and just ignore it. If the house falls down around you... who cares. He can only act like a turd if you keep doing things...
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How do you pay the bills if he doesn't work? Do you? If so you're the bread winner and he can get off his lazy ass and do the house work.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 12:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You have seven children and had surgery and your husband doesn't want to help out? Not to mention he's not working. He need to get his head on straight and start helping around the house! That is no excuse for someone who doesn't thing he shouldn't help out with his seven children? He needs a reality check and fast! Put him in his place, he's just being lazy.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree also with the first post. If a woman's place is in the home, then the man's place is in an office. Your children should help out a bit. Delegate out work to them, at least the light stuff. Or, just rest and recuperate. Don't sweat it. You need to heal so you can do it. BTW, are you a traditional wife? Is your place supposed to be in the home doing stuff? Seriously, if not, and it's not a cultural or religious thing, call nanny 911, they'll set him straight!
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Don't so shit! You shouldn't have to do everything weather you have surgery or not. He helped you make those 7 kids and should help care for them, he lives under the same roof you do and should help clean it and he's not working, flip that! I would have a talk with him and tell him how you feel and let him know that it's not fair and your not gonna clean up the kids should also be helping, your their mom not their maid and you shouldn't be treated like one, what the crap is that?! It's time for EVERYONE to help around.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2010