what do i do with this stuff?

a friend was living with us for several months, and then my husband had an affair with her, i found out, she was out of our house and hope we never see her again. she was in a hurry to pack and left some stuff behind, things that have sentalmental value to her. i boxed it up but i have no idea where she is, so i can't send it to her. what should i do about it? there is no way i am going to let my husband contact her to find out where she is and i don't know how to. (not that i would if i did know how to) should i just throw it away? i hate having this stuff sitting around, but as much as i hate her, my husband said we would send it to her so it feels wrong to just get rid of it. hope this made sense. what would you do?

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 12:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Is there a mutual friend you can give it to ? The woman part of me wants to say throw the stuff out. Why should you respect her and her feelings when she didn't respect your home or your marriage or your kindness. Women like her should be smacked witha club a few times.

I'm not sure the legalities of just tossing her stuff out. But if you feel like it I say throw it away. Don't show that woman respect she doesn't deserve it. but good for you for being the bigger person and at least thinking about it.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Lol, sorry if this sounds a little harsh.. But f*ck that woman and her belongings. If they were so important she should have took them with her when she left. You did this woman a favor, and what did she do? HAD AN AFFAIR WITH YOUR HUSBAND! Toss it and move on with your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Really,,,you really want to know what I would do? I would take all that crap,,,and I would throw it in the trash can. I would do it just before trash day. Your just taking the garbage out hon, all that trash that sat in your house and accumulated. Dont get me started even further b/c I will have you taking her stuff out back and torching it and roasting marshmellows over the kindles,,,swear to god,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Throw it out! Honestly I think you should throw out all the crap she left along with your husband, but that's just my opinion!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would tell your husband to take a hike and throw the crap in the trash. If she wanted it she should have grabbed it when she left. Neither of them worried about your feelings while they were having an affair. seriously I would burn the shit and keep the ashes if she ever calls for the stuff back.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would say that if she is the kind of person who would sleep with your Husband while living in your house then she probably left the things to keep them under your nose. I would get rid of them. You should not feel bad nor should you contact her. If your Husband is still worried about her feelings (he didn't want you to get rid of the things) then that is a warning sign. He didn't seem to be worried about them when he was having an affair. I say get rid of the stuff and go to counseling.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If she was so worried about it, she should have taken it with her when she left. Im sorry but thats just my opinion. You did this woman a favor and allowed her to stay with you in a time of need, and she slept with your husband. Sorry, but I would have been tossed the belongings.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree with SarahLeeMorgan....I would have tossed her, her stuff and my husband and all his stuff out at the same time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Now had she contacted you and tried to retrieve the belongings then I would say send her the junk and move on with your life. But she hasnt, so what are you supposed to do, hold on to it forever?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• throw it out!
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 12:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2010