were expecting our second lil girl and thinking of naming her ..Aleia Adlai ? what do you think?

I am in love with both names, and put them together. I love names that start with the letter A so if you have any better options please leave them in comment. Please don't be harsh if don't like the name. Pregnant woman here. =] jp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• Instantly, I am wondering how in the heck you say them.

GL with that!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think its really cute its adlai pronounced adalay right?
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Is it pronounced Ah-lay-ah or Ah-lee-ah? I like the first, but not too fond of Adlai, sorry! Lol :) I dont think they go together.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry but with the spelling and just the way they sound, I don't think it's a good name. The spelling is ALWAYS going to have to be corrected and it will probably become an ordeal every time you sign her up for anything, during class, friends, anything. It is your final choice though, obviously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think it's your baby and your choice. If you like the name and think that it will suit her, then go for it!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i LOVE the name, just not to fond of how it's spelled. "a-lee-yah add-a-lay" is how i'm thinking it sounds.. a little like yoddeling, but it's stilll absolutely adorable!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Love the vowels in Aleia...I really like the A names too..my next son would have been Abe, my next dd Aimee (first born is Louie)...hard to only have one constant in a name~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think you might have a problem with name mooshing..... Ah-lay-add -ah-lay is how it's going to come out with the first name ending in "a" and the middle name starting with "a"
    What about 2 middle names so that you can separate the 2 names.... something like Aleia Rose Adlai
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The first name could sound pretty, but can you make the spelling more obvious how to pronounce? And the second name is a man's name, isn't it? Adlai Stevenson?
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• LOVE the names separate and together!!! very pretty! I like uncommon names for one. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010