Does anyone else find it hard being a single mother?

pndbrs2005

Asked by pndbrs2005 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I find it hard to be a married mother too - I think we all face different challeges in both situations.. I see my sister being a single mother but because of my mother and our help, she's actually got it easier than a divorced/ single parent in how much involvement she actually has with her daughter..l also feel sometimes it;d be much eaiser to be the ONE and only to make the decisions on discipline as that seems to be one of the things me and my husband butt heads for.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes i do at times but i rather be single than to be married to a jack- a^^
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 1:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Hell Ya...3 kids in 3 different school....and I do it solo stylee...no weekends off....homework time is hard...chore girl is hard...getting "back" is hard (just having a man to back you give girl a lot of status)...I am the last single mother left it seems....and the only one on the class roosters (just wait until 3rd grade...people start to be single about them).

Status...I was prepared for the lack of status...doesn't matter how cool I am...the married folk seem to see me as a threat..right!

I'm looking for a horse breeder if you know any....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• holy typos...I wasn't prepared for the status drop...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• ive been a single parent for 7 yrs now. My kids where in 3rd and 5th grade when my ex went to jail for dv. I was on my own for a long, long time My dd is graduating from h,s, this year! As hard as it has been,,and all the challenges we have faced over the years,,its all been so worth it. Im here if you want to talk in private. I know how hard this is,,I know how scary this is, financially, emotionally, it all just takes its toll. But if I could make it,,so can you, you are not alone!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I dont feel being a single mom is hard.....its more challenging beacaused life when we grew up didnt have so much peer preasure thats out for kids now. We has parents really have to stay head of the bullshyt games that kids are trying to pull over on their parents. We has mothers still need to be honest and loving to our kids no matter.
    FayMeek

Answer by FayMeek at 1:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I haven't always been with the father of my children and yes it was had but I got through it, It was honestly alot more harder to know that my daughter didn't have her dad there then to have him help me with stuff.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Faymeek,,,try not to drink and respond to a post at the same time,..just saying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Faymeek, might be a guy. not sure,,brand new to cm,,,how the heck do we check on this kind of stuff anyway?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i dont think its hard for the mother, it becomes hard for the child... i get what u saying faymeek..
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010