What are support hose? are they important in pregnancy? have you wore them before?

i stand up pretty much 5 hours a day at work straight. should i get them?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 1:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Compression stockings will help keep your feet and legs from swelling up a whole bunch. My SIL ( An ER nurse at a LA hospital) says if you must spend alot of time on your feet, they are worth the investment. She even says it's worth the discomfort of being hot.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's worth a brief try. Just see how it feels. Support stockings increase blood flow and straighten and tighten the vein to make the return flow more productive to the heart and lungs. It's like a massage all the time you wear them. but warning they can be hot. Although the payoff is probably better when it's for health reasons.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Like panty hose but made to go over the belly - a little more tight to "support" also. I never went for those I hate nylon on my legs. I got a Tummy sleeve. those are nice post partum too.
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Those tummy things are built into the stretch shorts, and pants. They also are nylon spandex, just look them up on the internet.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'd say its worth a try if you're getting a lot of swelling from being on your feet so much
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010