I have a 1 month old. Did you put your baby on a schedule or did you let s/he determine feeding?

I started out following the baby's pattern but it is exhausting and unpredictable. We started to schedule it up and it is rough starting out! I think I'll stick with it; just wondering opinions.

boznitch

Asked by boznitch at 1:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had a schedule because mine were both breastfeed. This can sometime make it harder to have a schedule, So don't worry about it.
    BeckyW101

Answer by BeckyW101 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I let my son determine the feedings. He eventually had a schedule.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i never set a schedule..as in things had to be done at a certain time...but i did set a ROUTINE...didnt matter what time it was...we still did everything in the same ORDER everyday...and it worked wonders!!!!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• With my children, the babies rule the land, absolutely!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We do not have a schedule.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I set a schedule that went with the rythms of his body if that makes sense. He made his own routines but i tweaked it a bit so it worked for the both of us.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I say don't worry about a schedule. You and your baby will work those things out as the days go by. I think the only schedule you really need to worry about later on is what time to put them to bed and nap time. The rest just fall into place. Good Luck. There is nothing better than a midnight snack with the little one. I remember those days as if it were yesterday. (She is 26 now)
    Barbs05

Answer by Barbs05 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I never set a schedule - baby is in charge at that age. It doesn't matter how tired you are, or how unpredictable he is. This phase will be over in a flash and you might be wishing you had been more indulgent when you had the chance.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I did not have a schedule either, I let the baby be in charge then.... now that my kids are OLDER, we have meal times.
    costcogal07

Answer by costcogal07 at 3:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• He set his own during his second month..I just paid attention and went with it. By the time he turned 3 months, we had it down and he slept all night. I even knew exactly when he would want to eat and about how much and how long. He worked like clockwork and I could plan around him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2010