How do we know if we are talking to a guy in our cm group?

I saw this persons response and it was really hard to read, it was so slurred. I checked there profile and they are brand new in cm,,and putting down single moms. So,,,where do we go with this? I dont want a man in here,,being an a-hole and making fun of me,,I get that from enough gals in here..lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just report the answer, that's all you can do
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 2:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• you don't know if there's any guys here, cause everyone is supposed to be a MOM
    so if a guy IS on here, he's pretending to be female
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You never really know sadly.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• This is the Internet - there could be men, children, and women who pretend to be someone/something they are not. If you are concerned about a particular post or response, report it - if not, just ignore it. CafeMom is an open website, they can't (and shouldn't be expected) ensure that everyone here is who they say they are.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Why all the questions about guys on here today?? I mean, no one really knows. Anyone who posts things on here could legitamately be a guy. Some women on here type like they never got above first grade in school. Women don't necessarily type any differently than men. It's a chance you have to take with being on the internet.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• checking the profile doesn't do anything. The profile could be filled with any info they choose to put and upload any pics they want, doesn't make it true, but does make it appear more authentic. On top of that, length of time doesn't mean anything, they could have been here for years, doesn't mean anything either.

There is no way to tell whose doing the typing. As long as they are contributing in a positive way, it shouldn't matter. There's no way to stop them, so don't reveal anything you don't want ANY strangers of either gender to see on the internet. Common sense.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2010