How did you tell people when you found out we were pregnant?

I am currently trying to get pregnant but when i find out I am I want it to be a big deal and I'm looking for cute idea's on how to tell my family. I'd love to hear any stories you have.

gavyns_momma

Asked by gavyns_momma at 2:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't have anything really cute. When I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I was graduating from College, so we decided that at the party we would tell everyone. We were at a nice restaurant and everyone was sitting around.  I got up to thank everyone and asked them to please look under their plates.  We had taped an ultrasound picture to the bottom of the plates.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That is too a cute story! And it worked out cuz your friends/family were already gathered so they all found out together! thanks for your input
    gavyns_momma

Comment by gavyns_momma (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• With my first child I told my husband when he was at work. He then told his brother and it got around his family quickly. Then with my family I told my mom and got a set of booties to give my dad to tell he that he was going to be a grandpa. For tell my grandparents I made a Brag book for them and I put Great Gandparents Brag book on it. It took my grandma a little bit to figure out what I was telling them. With my second we found out on Christmas eve. So we told Family on Christmas day as a surpise. For the third and my last because we had lost our second child I wanted to wait and make sure I got to the second Trimester. It didn't happen that way for some of our family because of the morning sickness around them. So we told some of his family. As for my family I knew my oldest child wasn't able to keep my secret for very long. She end up telling my mom one day. Just keep in mind you can have a lot of fun ultra sound pictures
    BeckyW101

Answer by BeckyW101 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i didnt tell anyone..i found out at 5 weeks i was pregnant...and 2 days after i found out, my mom asked ME if i was...and then she told my family..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• With my first, my mom was with me in the ER when they did the ultrasound (they weren't checking for pregnancy; I had been in an accident and they were making sure nothing was bruised/bleeding, and saw my daughter). With this one, I sent copies of my first US to my friends/family in cards saying "I'm gonna be a Mommy again".
    Tink0711

Answer by Tink0711 at 5:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We told my dad with a fathers day card signed with all our names. The last name was 'new baby.'
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• we just called the family to tell them- they knew we had been trying so it wasn't a huge surprise.
    I've seen people send out cards (one friend tried to get pregnant for 2 or 3 years so when they finally did it was a HUGE deal!)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2010