Is this normal?

I want to go to college. my boyfriend says "IF U GO TO COLLEGE IM NOT GOING" or "YOUR GOING TO TALK TO OTHER GUYS"....he says he loves me but really. i dont think he does.. if u love someone u want the best for them right? he wants NOTHIGN good for me. cause hes too worried about himself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Well of course youre going to talk to other guys, that inevitable. What does he do if you go to the store and the cashier is a man? What an ego some men have. Rediculous. You need to do what you want for yourself. Its not that you want to do something thats just so unheard of. You want to better yourself and thats great!!! He should be proud of you and support you, not ridicule you for your decision. I say go and do for yourself. If he doesnt want to support you through it, then your better off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I agree 100% with previous poster!! This guy seems so insecure with himself that he can't stand the thought of you not being there to boost his ego.
    If he loved you he would not only support you, but drive you to whereever the college is and make it a point to have routine visits. If he loved you, he would WANT you and ENCOURAGE you to better yourself. Not try and hold you down. Maybe you need to consider putting this love on the cooler while you go to school. If it's meant to be, it will be.
    Don't allow yourself to not do something that you want, just because the guy in your life is insecure.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Just go to college. Talk to who you talk to and dont tell him. Your husband sounds controlling.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 1:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• No it's not normal.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Its not normal its abusive
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Sometimes you want the best for someone, but it is a huge sacrifice for you. My husband is in a band. He works at least 40 hours a week too.  Most weeks, he gets home around 6pm, eats, and leaves for practice at 7pm three to four times per week. On top of that, he usually has at least one show a week, sometimes two. This leaves me alone with the baby from the time I get up until she goes to bed without any help four or five times a week. Sometimes I will see him for about 10 hours from Monday until Saturday. Although I want him to achieve his dreams and I try to be encouraging, I have also had my moments. I'll be honest, sometimes it is hard to be supportive. I am not saying your guy is completely innocent but maybe he is feeling insecure or having a hard time adjusting. Relationships are about finding balance. But I do think you should go to school no matter what!   Good luck!

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• He is just feeling inscured. You have to explain to him and prove him wrong about that.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• f*ck him, he's a selfish prick who needs to grow up, better yourself for your kid(s) and forget anything he says.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• New title for your boyfriend, effective IMMEDIATELY:

EX-Boyfriend.

You don't need this in your life.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2008