In need of financial advice...

Long story made short, DH works while I stay home with the baby. We have 1 vehicle--his truck. We're in a HUGE financial mess... He makes $1000 LESS than what we need to pay out for our bills each month. It's not possible for us to refinance our home or anything right now, and I've cut out everything that can possibly be cut out. I'd even cut out the internet, but I MUST have it to do my schoolwork (I'm in school full-time and managed to get my classes online this semester). Any advice? I'm open to WAH job ideas that don't require selling or paying a fee to start--data entry type things would be ideal. I'd really appreciate some prayers for my hubby to get a better job & for us to find some great solution to this problem! Thank you!

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 1:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• Does hubby have the availability to work a second job or what about you pickin up a job part time while he is home to stay with the kid, so you wont have to pay for childcare. Can you go to social services to see if you qualify for assistance? Food stamps, etc? Every little bit helps ya know. I know you said you want to work from home, but whats ideal may not be what will help. A paycheck is what you need and you may just have to bite the bullet and go part time. I know its hard, we went through this a while back and things are getting better very slowly. I will pray for you though. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• yeah, aid food stamps, wic, those type of assistance (if you qualified) will be helpful right now. We were on WIC for a short while because of our income. (6 months), but you know what it was/is okay in the short run. Also DH getting a second job, or you working a job when DH is home will be the next thing to do....WAH jobs are really for the most part WAH businesses and with businesses you need CASH to start. You need something that will give you an income now, not something that will take your income.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• waiter and waitress acutally makes some good money, you work couple night and he picks up second job.

You might even cut out the school, or you can use the library internet. Or you can share the cable internet with next or upstairs neighbor. It usually works cover up to 100 feet.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Take on a couple of kids in your home. In California you can legally watch 1 other family without having a licence. I was in the same postion last year. I found a family who needed care for their infant all day and after school care for their other 2 kids. It was perfect!
    Good Luck...don't stop going to school unless you absolutely have to.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• You could sell plasma, though that might not help with all your expenses. Plus, I'm pretty sure that you can call your credit card companies (if debt is the problem) and tell them that you are struggling and then ask if they can lower the monthly payment.
    The biggest thing with finances is to stop charging. It may be hard at first, but you are seriously throwing money down the drain, every time you pay interest on past purchases.
    EricaAbbott

Answer by EricaAbbott at 8:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• List your items on Craigs List. They'll sell fast and people locally can come to pick the items up. Good Luck!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Consider a home based business, and if you want to make money right away, you need to be in one that is in the 2 largest emerging industries...wellness and network marketing. With this economy, no one is spending their money on makeup, tupperware or candles...people these days are into their health and want to earn extra income and fast. The business I am in has been in biz for 3.5 years and has been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the ENTIRE issues...this is the first co. to rich its first billion dollars in just 3 years...first in the history of the US. it took microsoft 7 years. This is still a ground floor opportunity as less than 1% of the US has heard of it.. a great opportunity is one when not too many people know about it. I would love to share what i do from home around my kids schedules and make really GREAT money. I hope to hear from you soon.

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008