What's your opinion on the mosque burnings?

The ones that are far from ground zero. I just don't think it's cool at all and those people who set out to slander the members of those mosques are all paranoid and ignorant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What mosque burnings? Do you have a link for this story?
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/08/30/dnt.tn.mosque.arson.wtvf?iref=allsearch
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Okay i'm sorry it's not a mosque burning but people of that congregation are being harrassed it seems.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The tea partiers and other conservatives are whipping their base into a frenzy. It is Dr. Tiller's murder all over again

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sooo I guess Gore and other lefties whipped that evironmentalist freak who terrorized the Discovery channel station yesterday..into a frenzy?

I honestly do not think this incident had a thing to do with the tea party..and I agree with the lady in video someone went too far..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• and this wasn't a mosque burned your title is misleading..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I honestly do not think this incident had a thing to do with the tea party.

Well which is it, Muslims are not responsible for 9/11 or conservatives are responsible for Muslim harassment? You can't have it both ways.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think its awful when anyone is harassed for the way they look/believe/etc, and the way that its almost encouraged that people dislike Muslims, there's only a matter of time before someone really gets hurt or something major happens.

These media outlets that buy into perpetuating the misconceptions and hate and fear don't realize the responsibility they carry in terms of the violence/harm done by those who actually listen to/believe what they say....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• conservatives are responsible for Muslim harassment?

I know plenty of democrats who don't like or trust Muslims as well. I would say it is about 50-50
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If a mosque was burned I would think the same as I would if a church was burned. I would think what a shame it is that a place of worship was destroyed and I would hope that the congregations that used the destroyed place of worship would be able to find another place to practice their religion. I would hope that the criminals that set fire to the place of worship were caught and prosecuted for their crimes.

And BTW, if this didn't happen, your title is very misleading.  Fear monger much?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010