Do any of you hesitate to get the flu shot and why?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 2:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• I've never gotten one and don't plan to. It only protects against 3 strains. The 3 they THINK might be the biggest threat. It doesn't guarantee you won't get the flu so what's the point. My kids also don't get it. In the 10 years I've had kids (5 of them now) only 1 of them has ever had the flu. That was last Halloween. My 8yo son caught it school (his teacher said the 2 kids on either side of him were also out sick that week with the flu) and it was milk. He came home sick, missed trick or treating on Halloween, came home sick again on Monday and missed the next Tuesday and then was better.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I never got one until this year, because of my son. I don't care of I get sick, but I don't want to bring anything home to him and I work at a college so I am exposed to all sorts of nasties.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I was planning on getting a flu shot this year because I am pregnant. Until that is, the other day, another lady posted a similar question. A lot of the women mentioned that this years flu shot will contain the H1N1...i dont think so. To me their is not enough proof the H1N1 is safe for pregnant women. I will spend two days in the hospital with the flu before I risk something like that.
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 2:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My family choose not to, we do not vaccinate. I rather risk us getting the flu (which we do sometimes) than the risks from getting a vaccination. We are all healthy, we do get sick on occasion, but thats a great way to build up our immune systems as well. Also the flu vaccination does not guarantee that you will not get the flu, and it does not protect you from all flu strands... and there are a ton!!!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i dont get it..just cuz i dont care if i get sick..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010