Do you remember the day you became a Christian as well as the your birthday?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 2:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I remember my birthday because its the day after the 4th of July. Everyone was vacationing, broke, or hung over. My birthday seemed to be always forgotten. My Christian birth on the other hand was awesome. I walked into a church on a Friday night. I don't know why I thought there was someone at the church. Sure enough, a man opened the door. They were putting up decorations for Christmas. It was nice that the Lord knocked at the door of my heart in December. A woman who had just gotten out of the hospital a few hours earlier for having a hard time breathing, later said the Lord told her He needed her to go to church. She didn't want to, but obeyed the Lord. I felt out of place there. I mean, it wasn't Sunday & no one else was around. I asked her what time church started. It opened the door to talk about everything. Two hours later on my knees, I gave my life to the Lord. It is the best choice I made for life, for eternity.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• birthday yes
    I never became a Christian willingly, I was forced to go to church and get baptized as a child by overzealous parents. Inducted as I was, I never embraced their faith and just went along with it to keep the peace with my parents until I could get away from it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I remember my baptism... I was four. But I was raised "in the church", in the sense that we were always very involved in church. So I always was a Christian, but my mother always taught us to think for ourselves and to decide where our own convictions lie.

I'm still a Christian today, although my faith isn't what people consider orthodox. I determine what I believe based on study, reflection, discussion, prayer, and conviction. My faith is more inclusive and pluralistic than most other Christians.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes. My birthday is October 16th. My baptism was November 11th; I was 18.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I surely do. It was raised by first generation crazies (part of the original Jesus Focus movement). Had no choice in the matter, so I played the good child until I simply could do it no longer. Moving out as young as I did was a direct result of religious abuse. The day I was baptized is a day I try to forget.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Im not sure which birthday you mean but here we go...
    I was born November 27 of a physical birth in San Francisco Ca
    I was born again July 29th 1984 of a spiritual birth in Yosemite National Park Ca
    I was baptised at age 19; 4 months after I accepted Jesus in the Merced River in Yosemite National Park on Oct 7th
    I was baptized in Holy Spirit January or Feb 1985 and the eve of Easter Sunday of that Year spoke in tongues the first time.
    So yes I remember everything. I remember dates better than I remember to move the laundry from wash to dryer hehe!
    Sadly I remember dates I dont want to remember!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2010