Are all of you on the east coast ready for Hurricane Earl?

I just saw it was upgraded to a 4 again and expected to hit NC and Mass. I hope you are all safe there or have evacuated.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 2:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm in Virginia and we are ready to evacuate at a moments notice. Not sure how bad it will be here but we live in a trailer surrounded by trees and I don't want to be here if a tree falls down. I have relatives in the Outer Banks and I hope they don't decide to ride it out like usually. My sister is in Va.Beach and I expect that she'll see a lot of flooding and wind damage if nothing else. Everyone please stay safe.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• By the way..thanks for that map Quinn
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't understand what you are saying Zoeyis... Hurricanes rarely occur on the west coast of the US. Earl is heading towards the East Coast right now, expected to hit Long Island and the coastline above it this weekend.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i'm scared for my momma. She is on Cape Cod, a bit inland though. She thinks all will be fine. But, i remember that hurricane bob over 20 years ago...phew...that one was ROUGH! We had 7 trees fall on our house in MA! (luckily, SOMEHOW none of them fell through the roof, but they did cause some damage)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Here is a link to the NOAA interactive map  :  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/090751.shtml?gm_track#contents

Looks like NC will get the worst of it. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We went to the store yesterday. I got gas, cash, and comfort food (chips, cookies, bread, peanut butter, and beer) We drew water in the tube and in a 5 gal. container. We have a motor home that we can live it if the electricity goes out for days. So, we are ok. We have done this bunches of times. NC gets lots of storms.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm in S.E Pa and I think we'll get a lot of wind. My son is in Del but not on the shore line, but he does have a basement that floods if they get too much rain. Let's pray it's not toooooo bad.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm not totally sure. I really have not been watching the new although I live in Western Mass so I am not even sure if it will hit us. If anything I think we will get rain from it. Maybe I should pay more attention. Have some family issues going on which have kept me in the hosptial for 4 weeks.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I am in Maryland, but I am a news watcher since having my son 2 years ago. I don't worry about stupid weather s..t like that until it happens though. I'm a see it to believe it type.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• not much of a news watcher
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2010