My daughter is a year old and only has 3 teeth. is that bad?

URSOJESS

Asked by URSOJESS at 3:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• I don't see why it would be bad. All babies are different. She'll get them soon enough. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Doubt it, as Amelia512 said "All babies are different". Ask her pedi. about it if you are worried, although my son just turned 2 and he had the majority of his baby teeth minus the back molars by the age of 1. Just took him to the dentist for the 3rd time shortly before his 2nd b-day and the dentist said he had all but the 4 big molars in the back and said they should be coming in any day. He turned 2 July22nd and 1 of them poked through that I know of already and I smelled that familar strong smell in his urine tonight, so I think another one is coming in now.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had the same issue around 1 but my LO got a bunch of teeth at once a few months later and I keep hearing from my friends that the longer they take to move into place the healthier they will be....? Don't know if it's true but sounds nice!
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 4:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010