Naive and curious: Have you ever had a Brizilian wax?

I think it would be in this category but I'm not sure. I've never waxed anything except my husbands back. He has talked about me getting a brazilian wax. Does it hurt? What is the procedure? Did you like it afterward? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks

RachT

Asked by RachT at 1:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• It hurt, I didnt like it. I felt very aware all of the sudden of myself and felt like everyone knew-lol sounds silly, but I did. I never got another one after that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Do it...they're great. My hubby loves it. It is somewhat painful but bareable. The only problem I have is that you have to wait until it grows to a quarter of an inch to get it done again...so in the meantime you have to deal with having a buzz cut between your legs. I prefer the landing strip...it's less maintence. Good luck.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I've always been curious about those, but I'm paranoid. I mean, I dont want people talking about my stuff while it's done or after I leave and also...I'm a big girl...if I were skinny I would go for it.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I've never had one, but I want one! But I hate even getting my brows waxed, so I don't think I'll ever get one. Plus.... well, I'm a little lippy (ahem, I know, tmi) and I would be uncomfortable with going somewhere and baring myself. So instead I use Nair for sensitive skin. It works just as well ( I think), and you can do it in the privacy of your own home. My advice is to use a mirror so you don't miss any spots.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• 3 words. Not worth it.

:)
    Smexkitten

Answer by Smexkitten at 5:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Its hurts, but everyone I know that gets them done LOVES the after feeling... sometimes your hair can grow back in not so course
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 11:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008