Bed wetting problems?

My son is 6 years old and wets the bed every other night seems like. When does this stop usually?

costcogal07

Asked by costcogal07 at 3:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My granddaughter just stopped recently and she is 7. There is a huge range of what is normal especially if bed wetting runs in a family. My brothers and I were 12 or so before we stopped. My own boys were around 7-8.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My dr mamu!, that thing of wetting on the bed thas not have priod to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it just stops at any time, dont warry!!!!!
    But just try to awake him in the midd of the night for ashortcal. and even pray for him iknow God can do all
    thing we ask him with all aur heart.so just do it and iknow you will enjoy it.
    ILOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Nobe

Answer by Nobe at 5:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My kids were 6/7... don't worry, it stops. :D

I got so sick of cleaning sheets/blankets and the beds/couches wherever they went to sleep... but it did go away... if it doesn't by age seven, take him to be checked out at the doctor's office. Or if he complains of pain of course.. could be UTI... everybody's bladder developes on its own in its own time... won't be long though, hang in there!
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's perfectly normal up to 7. A childs bladder is small or not quite mature &the body doesn't recognize know to hold it while sleeping. If after 6 mos of not wetting & starting up then worry. Be sure not to punish, it will just make matters wosre. Be patient it will come.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It is a maturity issue with his bladder and waking him up if he has to pee. There is a wide range of normal when this stops. :) GOod luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's different for each kid. My DS stopped at 3 when he potty trained. My dd stopped when she was 8. She was a very heavy sleeper. Both are in the normal range.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010