My 30th anniversary is coming up. I need suggestion of things to do for him. We don't watch TV, movies, or sports. We don't have much money either.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• Cook dinner for him, or cook together. Have a romantic candle lit meal (even if it's only mac n cheese). Make a "scrap book" of your life together (pictures of the 2 of you, tickets from concerts/other things you went to together, funny/romantic memories of your relationship). Take a blanket, go outside (if you live somewhere you can get a clear view of the sky) and watch the sunset, or star gaze.
    Tink0711

Answer by Tink0711 at 5:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I've noticed by your other questions that your physically limited in what you can do. So I would assume that your Husband does quite a bit around the house and for you. That man needs a long love letter written to him. About how happy you are that you both found each other. The high lights of your life together, and your undying gratitude. My best friend who had MS did this for her husband for their anniversary. Brought a mountain of man to his knees. He is now very grateful he has this letter to remember her and their love.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree with the letter and the scrap book. Those are sentimental but I think he might enjoy sharing that with you & looking back over the past 30 yrs.. A candlelight dinner or picnic depending on your preference would be fun...or maybe return to a place that was very special to you that you have not visited in a while.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My DH made a photo album for me for our anniversary last year. Of all the things he has bought for me, it's my most prized possession. He took pictures from all of our adventures, and made a little note card prior to each set of pics. He left part of the album blank, so we could add more pictures in the future. It was so thoughtful.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes oldermomof5, I am limited as to what I can do. I am on oxygen 24/7 and in a wheelchair. We moved to a little community of about 7,000 in the mountains. With one movie theater & one movie a week; McDonalds & Taco Time, and a couple of high ended restarunts, doesn't leave much for variety. Yes, we do sit out on our porch and watch the sunset. We even walk holding hands. We play games mostly. Its a lot of fun and he always knows how to make me laugh. I do write letters to him quite often. There is not a day that goes by that I tell him how much I appreciate the sacrifices he's made for me, caring and cooking for me. I love him so. There are moments I grab his hands crying with thanksgiving because I am overwhelmed by his acts of kindness. Its why I wanted to do something special for him. He's done so much for me. He is truly a man of God. I appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you so much!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• For our 30th we went to visit our grandkids. They live in C.A and live in C.O.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Cook him his favorite dinner and dessert. Just have a quiet evening alone, just the two of you. And if you're thinking of gift ideas, the traditional gift is something to do with pearls and the modern gift is something to do with diamonds. :) Good luck and Happy Anniversary!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• happy anniversaryYou do not need money at all.   Just put your arms around him and hold him real tight, a hug will tell it all. "Congrats to you both"!!!!

sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Share memories conversations of your past 30 years with a nice bottle of wine and cheese/crackers.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• congratulationsenjoy with a meal and conversation.

mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010