Babies and ghosts. Ever experianced anything like this before?

My daughter is 1. She slept in my bed the other night and woke up around 530 am. she sat up and looked at the window. just staring at it..then she looked over into the corner of my room and then watched it go along the wall over to the entertainment center then looked over at my dresser. .then watched it go back around to the entertainment center again..then she watched my door for a little while.. then she started watchign it come back over near us.. and then looked at me. looked into my eyes pointed at me. and goes WHATS THAT. i nearly had a heartattack right then and there. i was SO scared i knew she saw somethign and when she looked at me n pointed i got goose bumps all over me and i felt weird. i hope that never happens again

sarahht824

Asked by sarahht824 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My great grandmother was a firm believer that all children have an angel. I believe it too. I swear my daughter saw and did the same things. Just tell her its an angel if she asked again-thats what I told my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My son is 16 yrs old and has Down Syndrome. He says a few words, but not enough to really communicate with us. I swear up and down that he sees his angels. He will look up over his shoulder and grin, laugh and jabber. He has done this since he was very small. It's not scary to us. We just know that his angels are with him always.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If it is not scaring her it is something good. I've always thought babies could see them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• As adults we tend to train ourselves NOT to see those things. We all grow up being told they aren't there. Children don't have that and tend to see things we can not... I personally have never stoped believeing and therefore rarely have trouble seeing. But the thing is most of the time spirits or ghoasts are not a negative thing. They are here for a number of reasons and rarely are those reason's negative... If your daughter saw something I wouldn't be afraid. Chances are if there were going to be any bad accorances they would be taking place already... Maybe it was just a loved one checking in...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• major chilllllsssss
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I couldn't help but notice you already labeled whatever she saw as "it.".

Dude it was 5:30 in the morning, your kid had a waking dream. Take her to the pedi, she could have a sleep condition.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 1:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my neice used to stare at this one blank white wall at my moms for twenty or thirty mins just babbling and laughing. A lot of the older Mexican Women in my family believe that babies have angles too.
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 4:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My brothers (who are 17 and 19 years younger than I am) and I all grew up in the same house...and, according to my mom, had the same "imaginary friend" until we were about 3 or 4. His name was John and he lived in our room with us and would play games and sing songs with us. My mom thought it was wierd enough, she looked into it ends up, the original owners of the house had a son named John who died in the flu epidemic in the early 1900's.

Coincidence or not, who knows...either way, creeped my mom out a bit...but in the end her opinion was "He entertained you all enough I've been able to sleep on the weekends for the past 20 years...I'll have to thank him if I ever get to meet him".
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I'm a firm believer that many children can see the spirit realm. My daughter could see and hear it until she was about 5. And then sometimes I still think she can, she just doesn't want to admit it. I vaguely remember being that age and being able to FEEL them.
    If you're worried about them being bad spirits, you could look into doing a blessing of your home. But I think the next thing she does that, maybe you could try asking her what she sees. I know she's pretty little but find out if it scares her or what? She may just be seeing angels, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I don't believe in that crap...and think there has to be a logical explanation for it. Like a light she saw or a floating piece of cat hair...something like that. I'm not trying to be mean...I just like to look for a logical explanation. If you can find one it might make you feel better.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2008