Have you ever 'talked back' to the CM Admin when they've sent you a PM because someone reported a remark you made?

Someone reported me for a comment I made. This person made a smart ass remark to a quote and response I made to someone else and I asked her: "Was I even talking to you? Are you illiterate or just a nosey bitch?" and CM Admin seems to think I was insulting her. I wrote back to tell them I was doing no such thing- I simply asked her some questions and if she felt insulted perhaps those questions hit a little too close to home. I usually just ignore the report but this time it pissed me off just a little too much to ignore.

Have you ever defended yourself when reported or do you just let it slide?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• actually i have. I did not think what i said was offensive, i know that i rarely hit below the belt & fight farely. So, i wanted to let the admin know that they were lame along with the person who reported me. I have alo reported some insulting comments that have been made to me & admin said they didn't find the offensive, So, when i got reported for something so small...i got upset. I RARELY report anyone. In fact, i think i only did it that one time. And i thought it was justified....they didn't think so. BUT, when someone goes reporting me for something small....i get the warning message. I think some of the admins are total LAME-O's!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• lol...thats funny. some people need to mind their own if they are gonna be little cry babies
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't really care what they say to me. I'm just glad I got my point across before they deleted it :P
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 8:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• So far I haven't been reported, but I would most definitely defend myself especially if I was not in the wrong.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• and no..i've never talked back but i wanted to really bad once... i asked a question why everyone was actin like nazi's about bfing and some bioth jumped my bones saying she found it "highly offensive that i would use the word nazi" and she was reporting my question ..it was so stupid. my question got deleted..i see people CALLING others nazis all the time and i never called anyone a nazi.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• *biotch..its early
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I've only had one comment reported. The only one I posted ANON. LOL And yes, I deserved it, but, the lady needed to see what I had to say..So, I don't care.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes...after a poster had harassed me for a while,I told her to leave me alone and something else...can't remember...and then I was reported. I never use filthy words,never use the "F" word here or in my everyday life,but I was reported. So I defended myself. I think I was justfied in defending myself since so many times other posters say terrible things,use bad language but aren't reported. It got pretty bad .And I don't let people run over me and I won't just take the abuse....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Wow sounds like an exchange you and I have had. What a baby to report you for that. She also probably the type of Mom I can't stand. You know when their kids get in too deep and go running to Mommy to and Mommy only listens to their side? Won't even listen to the parent that actually saw the whole thing. Gets all involved instead of letting the kids work it out for themselves? Which in most cases they do and become great friends. Sorry my rant for the day.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had to add this. You know if you can't run with the big dogs then stay on porch. You my dear are one of the big dogs. I know I have to stop and think what I'm saying and how I'm saying it, when responding to you. You bring the A game and the rest of us have to keep up. In other words you make us think. We still may not see eye to eye, but that's alright, we all have an opinion that's fits us at this time and place.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010