Has your grocery store gone Hi-Tech with personal scanners?

I shop at Stop & Shop & I LOVE using the personal scanner! It saves me time, it let's me know how much I am spending, it alerts me to store specials & even gives me specials that are just for me based on my previous shopping trips. I also don't have to worry that my bread will be squished or my eggs broken since I'm bagging my own groceries as I shop.
If your store has these, what do you think of them?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 8:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• Yes Giant Eagle has them. You scan as you shop and bag as you go - I love it too!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I've never heard of that! We have the scan your own check out lanes, which I love, but I've never seen the personal scanners.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We only have the "self-checkout lines" so far. And we have always bagged our own groceries.I do like self checkout...and bagging my own groceries...I have my own way. LOL.
    Target and Kohls has a price check thingy--I like that.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I shop at Giant Eagle!! I'm going to have to ask them when ours will get them, they sound pretty neat.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• YES! At walmart they only have the self scans for 12 items or less. But At Meijer they have a full checkout lane for you to scan your entire cart full of groceries yourself. I love it. My husband and I, on the rare occassion we by groceries there (we moved to the next town that doesn't have a Meijer) we use the full lane self checkout. It's beautiful, saves us time, and we can put more then three items in each bag. Drives us nuts to have a cart full of bags with two items in each bag.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No grocery stores in our area have these.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Not yet- But I know all about the technology. There is also work being done for an entire cart scan- Just pay, bag and go.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• http://www.wickedlocal.com/stoneham/fun/food/x1059363497

Check out this article. It explains the technology and the convenience pretty well for those of you that that don't have it yet.
    FeelinYummy

Comment by FeelinYummy (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Wouldn't that be an easier way for people to shoplift though? I think it's a great idea, but how do they keep that from happening? None of the stores in my area have them yet.
    khurley8686

Answer by khurley8686 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2010