Do you keep a food journal?

If so - are you honest in it? I have just started one yesterday and was soo tempted not to write down the mini pepermint pattie I had but realized what was the point of the journal if I was not going to do it right :o)

Mommy_0f_many

Asked by Mommy_0f_many at 8:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes. I write it all down- even if its bad. I had McDonalds on Saturday and I wrote it down, added up the fat and calories and everything. That way I am still accountable and it is kind of "in my face".
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 2:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• when i need to lose weight i count calories and write down everything in a journal. just like most things in life, if you're going to cheat then why bother? it really does work well, but you have to be serious about it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes I do. I believe it is one of the most useful tools for leading a healthy lifestyle. And like you said, what would be the point in doing it if you're not going to be honest.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have kept them before, most online like on fitday.com. I've never tried to cheat it but I've forgotten to record what I've ate way too many times. I like keeping them, but I really need to stay on top of it.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• hahaha yeah i did for a while... but i didn't stick with it :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I am about to start one... I was wondering if I could lie in it as well (I ate 4 packs of fruit snacks and 3 gogurts)
    Don't lie in it because you're only lying to yourself :) Write it all down and consider "holy wow I really ate 4 packs of fruits snacks and 3 gogurts? Maybe I should chill" I'll be honest if you are ;-p
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• By they way- I track my exercise in it too. Sat. when I ate at McDonalds I also went on a 12 mile bike ride.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 2:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010