What age do your kids go ard your neighborhood w/friends on Holloween?

We live in the country so as they got older, my husband put hay in the truck bed and drove them & friends in the back of the truck house to house, (which are nt close) until they decided they were too old themselves to go out.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Since the age limit is 12 here. I don't think any age is a good age due to the fact my thoughts keep going back to one Halloween where there was a child abducted and molested by a sexual predator who moved in the neighborhood and he wasn't registered. He invited kids in to his haunted house and all the neighbors thought it was in good fun until this happened. The kids (about dozen where together) and this one little four year old girl got seperated from her twelve year old brother. This man lived in a quarter of a million dollar house and drove a Lexus. So, it just shows you that you just don't ever know. After that, I decided if and when they started showing the independence, then they were old enough for the in home party or giving out the candy for me. BEST ADVICE: Stay close!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We live in the burbs where the homes are relatively close together. We let them go as a group in 3rd grade, but we were close by and it was daylight.
    Sunnybrook

Answer by Sunnybrook at 8:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We live on a military post, and under age 12 has to be supervised, plus we have 4 kids and we love to go with them! Me and DH dress up too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• For the country I'd be a lot less leanent to let them go out by themselves. However, I think a good age either way is 13-14. I think by then they should have enough sense, they should be able to take care of themselves, and should know what to do if something goes wrong.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2010