Which of these do you not practice in your daily life? (s/o of p&ce question)

1. Courage
2. Truth
3. Honor
4. Fidelity
5. Discipline
6. Hospitality
7. Self Reliance
8. Industriousness
9. Perseverance

If these are values that most people consider important and try to include in their lives, and ones that, on a national level, we try to base our laws upon and teach to our children, shouldn't this then be called a Heathen Nation?

Why should one religion get credit for their values being accepted and not any others?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I try to follow all, but I'll admit to falling on a couple well more then half the 5 on down. If anyone says they practice all at all times well, they're lying to themselves. No one is that perfect 24 7.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Oh to answer you're question All religions practice or teach most of these some more then others. Any deceit human being practices these values it doesn't matter who are.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My biggest one is discipline....no matter how hard I try...can't stay on my diet! I am good on 2, 3, 4,6, 7, 8, I do well on most, but not as perfect as l like. And, 1 and 9 is always hard.
    Of course, the LORD knows we are not perfect and that is why there is FORGIVENESS.
    Besides the world would be boring if we were all perfect.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Try to do all of them, fail at some of them way too much-just being honest.

The problem with the label Christian Nation is that although the majority belief is Christian there is no majority within Christianity. We are all different and just because one faction gets more media time than another does not mean they are the majority. I think we have a good name already USA- I even like the idea of the melting pot (some do not) because to me it means taking everything and putting it together to produce something GREAT- the sweet offsets the sour. The title Christian Nation bothers me as much as it does non-Christians because it implies "one brand" of Christianity over all other Christians and non-Christians alike.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The only one I've always had trouble with is discipline. I will admit I am awful about that one.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• well some aren't possible all the time (ie Hospitality) cuz the opportunity doesn't really present it self when your home all day, for example
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yeah! Heathen Nation!!!

Heathens Against Hate-mongering, racism, sexism, homophobia,  Nazism, and other ideologies that do violence to people.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Discipline
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I try to follow all of them, but I'm not perfect. I have off days, but whenever presented with a situation, I try to use all of the above.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If I have to pick one or two on which I'm most lacking, it's probably industriousness and self reliance (I tend to rely on my husband quite a bit), lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010