When my Dh says anything about only having one child, I get really depressed...

Honestly, we were already having some problems when I found out I was pregnant. It wasn't completely unexpected, but we had stopped trying so we could go ahead and figure out where our relationship was headed before we had a child. But it didn't happen that way, I was already pregnant. A year and a half after she was born, I finally feel like myself again. I didn't feel like myself throughout the whole pregnancy and especially after giving birth. I wasn't myself. I'm usually kind and soft and gentle, but I just wasn't. I feel like I failed at mothering an infant. She was very colicky and cried a lot until she was older then a year old. I want to have another baby to give her a sibling and also kind of to just prove that I can do it (not to mention the fact that kids are so wonderful!).
We had decided on two kids, but after seeing how hard a colicky baby is, my Dh doesn't want to have another one. It just makes me sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, don't give up hope yet. He may not want another child right now, but give him time. If I had given up on my DH we would have only had 2 or 3. But now we are done and complete with 5. :)
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 9:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I can tell you that with two children ages 7 and 5...and my 3rd on the way :) That no two pregnancies, no two infants and no two kids are EVER the same!

Chances are you wouldnt have another colicky baby. I am not saying there is NO WAY but I am saying that it could be different than your first. And now that you have done this once before, you could be prepared for depression or baby blues beforehand. Talk to your Dr about how you felt with your other pregnancy and the whole first year....maybe they can offer help or suggestions to ward off those feelings of not being yourself.

I know its hard....so sorry :(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010