Does this happen to your child?

Lately when my son poops in his pull up it comes out looking red.I think its from him drinking red coolaid.Has this happen to your child? Could it be from him drinking red drinks?

Firsttimemom252

Asked by Firsttimemom252 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes my sons has done that in the past. I dont like giving red juices for two reasons....staining...lol...and if they were to be sick...it all comes out red and Dr's like to know if their is blood in the vomit or stool.....red juice would mess this up.

I am always prepared for a sick kid...seems like mine are sick more than normal....lucky me :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think its the dyes from the drinks... anything red or purple messed with my sons stomache really bad.... & very colorful!!

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thanks yall...thats what I was thinking but my dad and mom thinks something wrong with him cause its coming out red
    Firsttimemom252

Comment by Firsttimemom252 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I remember when they had green ketchup for awhile, it was so gross when it came out the other end....
    chex9495

Answer by chex9495 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• sounds like it's from the dye in the kool aid. I don't give my kids with anything with artificial coloring -- just watered down 100% juice, maybe once a day, if that. Other than that, they get milk!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• oh ok thanks
    Firsttimemom252

Comment by Firsttimemom252 (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's less likely from him drinking red koolaid unless that is all he drinks everyday for a long period of time.
    It's more likely he has blood in his stool. Whether from inside or from straining. Talk to his pediatrician.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• ok I will
    Firsttimemom252

Comment by Firsttimemom252 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes it could be from the red chemicals/dyes in food or drinks. ick. more reason to have him drink water and not koolaid!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• try not giving it to him for a few days and if the poop is the same, take him to the Dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010