How do I make myself less invisible? (laid off & unemployed civilian woman)

My life is really falling apart. But, this is really a given since I'm accustomed now to living out of my car. Before there was a question about my daughter. She's with her father (she's also in college).
I'm former military but found out that I'm not a veteran about a year ago when a closer look at my DD214 says that my prior service was inactive. ACS (army career service) won't speak to me. My natural family doesn't speak to me. When there was a discussion about the difficulty of an military wife missing her husband, I snapped (frustration) and said at least there's financial security and the wife gets to raise her kids. I never had that privilege. Then my SO (and the others in the room) had to remind me how much harder it is to be military. I had tears in my eyes. How can I get people to respect and understand me? When I leave to job hunt for days at a time, my fading SO just says bye.

Plz take serio

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Im so sorry you are feeling so badly about yourself. Im a former army girl. Thank you for your service. I think maybe you should go into some therapy not to be mean. I just think you have several issues going on at once and need a self esteem boost. I had to go when I left the army I dont think alot of people realize how stressful the military can be.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Army girl here too. Flew choppers for Medivac. It is hard for Vets once they get out. I had a rough couple of first yrs myself.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2010