The one touch tooth paste dispenser thing?

Anyone have it? Can't remember the exact name. You put it on the wall, stick a tube of tooth paste in it then just touch the tooth brush to get it out. Have one? Know someone who does?
Is it worth it or a waste? Kyra wants one, is actually asking for one for Christmas. I was wondering about it before actually buying a "as seen on tv" type thing. Thanks! :-)

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It does stay clean if you use it right, but my kids were jamming their tootbrushes in there and it got all smeared and gunked up.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Its the Touch and Brush. My DD (4 at the time) was dying for one, we got it for her for x-mas last year, lol. Its ok. The kids enjoyed it, and got them excited to brush their teeth, but they quickly made a mess of it. I eventually took it down, but they still ask about it, I may give it another try. How old is your daughter?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I remember seeing this on tv. I thought to myself, wow how lazy have we Americans become that we cannot manage to squeeze a tube of toothpaste lol...but on the upside, my ex-dh is handi-cap and has the use of only one arm. I sure would have bought that if we were still married....so not a total waste of money...and as the post above mentioned, if it gets kids excited about brushing that is a good thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• She's 5, will be 6 in February. She has her own half bath in her bedroom that she keeps clean where it would go. Is it easy to use? She has a hard time getting the paste on her brush without getting it all over the counter, and doesn't like putting her brush on the counter. She wouldn't make a deliberate (sp?) mess, she's the one who cleans in there. But is it messy in normal use?
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sale, I agree :-) I see no reason for it for a capable adult. Seems it would be good for someone with missing limbs or bad arthritis though. My girl is already loving brushing her teeth she just hates cleaning the mess. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2010