Quick good hairstyles

My daughter is 11 going into sixth grade.
She has sort of thick hair and is wavy, sometimes curly if she doesn't brush it.
It is down to her shoulders.
Her bus leaves at 6:35 AM, so she wants to have quick hairstyles.

Sometimes she straightens her hair....

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in

• Maybe a quick braid or 2, just using a small amount of hair....Maybe she should check out some of the teen/tween magazines out right now for hair styles...I am sure some of them have great easy do's for school.
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If its long enough to french braid I say go for that...Quick and easy!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 9:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Hey, Anon, I saw your question on CafeMom earlier, and you said she only knows how to do a rope braid?
    fairyelise

Answer by fairyelise at 11:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have really thick hair and one thing my mom would do to keep my hair out of my face and tangle free, plus looking cute was to do a ponytail by pulling my hair back at the top, then one below that, then another at the nape of my neck. Easy and fast and fun.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• put it up in like a two rubber band thing put one in then the other
    rave88

Answer by rave88 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• take a quick shower.. and small amount of mouse, and scrunch and go (very quick and easy)..

she could enhance the curls with a curling iron quickly if she gets a big curling iron and just curls it back..

a quick pony tail ca nwork..

sorry I wish I could tell you more, but without seeing her hair it's a little hard or knowing what she is capable of it's hard..

you can take her to a stylist though.. and they can show HER how to do some quick tricks for hair styles.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How about trying a curl-enhancing spray? Many of those have conditioners in them and they will make her hair more bouncy without being poofy.

If she's using a flat-iron she should definitely use a spray-in or leave-in conditioner first, preferably one that protects against heat. There may be smoke when she uses the heat on it, but that is just the burning of the chemical, NOT her hair.

You could try getting her some of those claw clips in different sizes so she can pull the front of her hair back and let the rest just lie. Also some clip-in barrettes and bows...
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Can't go wrong with a ponytail.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010