Any tips on straightening my posture

My back is really hurting. I wear a size 36D and recently I've noticed that it is getting harder and harder to straighten my back. It kind of feels as if it is curling up. It really hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• yoga!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• try wearing a 36 DD or more... :( i havent gotten measured in a while but im sure its more than a double D... lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Get one of those body shapers. The higher end ones are a little more expensive, but they will force your back straight. It will hurt really really bad for the first couple of days, but then after that, you will notice the pain easing up. I have always had really bad posture (The fact that I have had D cups since I was 14 doesn't help) and recently bought a Kamara's body shaper..I think that is what it is called. My back hasn't been this comfortable in a long time and I feel a lot better about myself.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• There are some exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles in the upper back and shoulders. A club or a short time with a personal trainer, or physical therapy, or googling the question might help you find the exercises. Some other suggestions are to stand against a wall and bring your shoulder blades together and flat against the wall, bring your elbows, wrists, and head against the wall, hold. Or lie on your stomach and curl your upper back upward, but it would be best to learn the exercises from a reputable teacher, especially physical therapy- they would find your weak places and help you correct them. I'd suggest seeing your doctor about the problem and seeing if she would recommend PT. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Wear a corset! I love them! I am a 36DDD... They are a huge help and sexy as hell... But under normal clothing they are unditectable...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Alexander technique - find someone/professional who can teach you as books wont be enough.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2008