Any remedies for pink eye?

My son just started Kindergarten on Monday, never been to pre-school or daycare...and LOVES it...BUT....he got PINK EYE!

Anyone know of home remedies that can help relieve it? He is taking medicated eye drops now....

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Been there, done that.... Cold compress and the drops should clear it up. Just be sure you have washed all the towels and pillow cases and sheets in hot water. It is contagious. There are actually a few different types of conjunctivitis... bacterial, viral and one caused by allergies. Keeping the eye clean and swelling down will help it heal.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Medication should help taking Preventive Measures of outbreak with other members would be a good ideas as well. 

Pink Eye - Preventive Measures

"Not sharing towels, washcloths, napkins, and other wiping items will minimize pink eye outbreaks. Households exposed to pink eye, particularly with kids, should disinfect commonly touched areas like doorknobs, television remotes, computer keyboards, and others."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The medicated drops work rather quickly. Use a warm cloth for his eyes if he gets drainage that makes his eyes stick closed. Wash everything! It is highly contagious!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You can try the pink eye drops on the shelf at the store. I see a doctor to get medicine. My mom always used cotton balls dumped in warm water with salt. Pink eye is not fun cause my girls have had it.It will get better soon but be sure to use towels, dishes and even pillow case every night.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We had a child get pink eye, and I disinfected everything!!!!!!! My husband and I still got it.... But it gets better fast with the medication... Good Luck
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Pink eye is VERY contagious. Bring him to the doc and get the eye drops. It will clear up in a matter of days. The redness should be gone 24 hours after drops started, but keep giving for the full amount of time prescribed or it will come back. A warm or hot as he can stand washcloth to massage and keep the goop out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010