You Know those Touchless Soap Dispensers?

I honestly dont get the point... They say it helps reduce germs and what not. I personally, dont touch the soap pump again after I wash my hands. So if I touch it before I wash my hands, whats the difference? Ill be washing them anyways... Hmmm

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it would be nice in the kitchen if you had chicken juice on your hands but yea i totally get your point. I woulda never thought about it how you said it but you are right!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree 100% Its marketing to the crazy germ-o-phobes out there. Waste of money.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• From a grown-up point of view with an elderly grandmother it is a life saver because she can wash her hands without having to try to push the pump down. From the kid point of view...not a good idea because the kids think it is neat to just watch the soap come out onto the counter and make a big mess.
    shell70al

Answer by shell70al at 10:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree RIDICULOUS!! There are people out there who will buy it though. Wish I could invent something dumb like that and make a million!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 9:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It's a total waste of money.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• hahaha good point!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I told my husband the same thing. You touch it, wash your hands, and then don't touch it again. Stupid. Funny though that the day after I told my husband how stupid they were his aunt gave us one.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I can see the benefit with young children, less waste and less mess.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I can see one upside to these. I have just finished mixing a meatloaf with my hands....now I have to go touch the kitchen faucet to turn the water on...yuck. So it would be nice to have one of those faucets you can just bump with your wrist and then some soap dispensed without mucking up the dispenser.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree wit PP about having one in the kitchen. I cook a lot of meats and hate having to call DH in to turn on the water and pump soap for me.
    MomX3LJC

Answer by MomX3LJC at 10:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2010