you just start dating a guy....

how often do you hang out? do you talk/text everyday all day? I am asking b/c I just started dating this guy and its great when we are together we were suppose to do something last night but I had to cancel on him b/c something came up but for the past two days we really have not talked much before this I was in a relationship where my ex cheated and lied all the time...and I just am scared he might be cheating when he don't answer my text....Its hard to trust someone after being in a relationship for so long with someone who cheated all the time.... Do I trust this new guy or what how often do new couples talk/hang out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• First of all, you have to find a way to remember that he is not your ex and if you accuse or suspect and he knows you feel that way, you could push him away. I know it's hard but he cannot pay the price for what your ex did. When my SO and I started dating it was sporadic. We generally talked every day, but if we didn't it was no big deal. We spent time together whenever we could but we had separate lives that didn't always coincide and we slowly worked each other into our daily lives.

If you can't learn to trust him until HE gives you a reason not to, you are doomed to failure in the relationship.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Personally I would be VERY pissed off if someone was suspisious of me because of what an ex-girlfriend did to them. I would tell that guy to grow some balls and leave the baggae behind. Sorry, but i've made enough of my own mistakes that I refuse to pay for someone elses. I don't know too many men who are "talkers"
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i wouldnt trust him yet because you dont know him well enough yet as a boyfriend, but you have to atleast give him a chance if you like him.. you'll find out soon enough if you can trust him and you'll start to talk more and more the more serious you get, if you get serious.
    if hes just plain out ignoring your texts for hours already though, that might be a sign. unless hes sleeping, in school, work, etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I texted him everyday. If I didnt text, he did. We did not hang out every day but at least we had communication. We have been together for four years now and its great
    MomX3LJC

Answer by MomX3LJC at 10:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You have to remember that every guy doesn't cheat.If you go into a relationship automatically thinking that he's going to cheat on you then it will never work.Just take it slow and if it's meant to be then it will happen.Good luck!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 11:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• IMO, If you just started dating, you shouldn't be talking constantly or becoming attached at the hip. You need to just take things slow, especially since you just got out of a bad relationship. And, if he doesn't answer your texts/calls right away, it probably just means he has a life. If he has a job, or does other things during the day/evening- it's perfectly normal for him to take a little while to get back to you. My husband worked three jobs when we first started dating. Sometimes two or three days went by without me talking to him. No, I didn't like it, but I knew he was a good guy... working to make money to spoil me! I know it's hard to trust people, but you HAVE to, otherwise you'll never have a healthy relationship with anyone.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2010