What is the BEST AGE for the FIRST DATE for a BOY?

I mean unchaperoned and he pays for everything. So, many of the young girls in his class have been asking him and he told me he feels uncomfortable and trys to avoid them and uses me saying he is not allowed to date until he is driving, H elikes one girl from church, but her parents said she can't date till she is 16, so he is waiting. Smart, but are times so different than 20, 30, 40 years ago? I know girls mature faster, but do most parents see this as cute and harmless having their daughter ask boys out? Need some advice QUICK. One girl just bought him a $100 watch for his birthday and he said he did not know who it was from and then, I found out when the Mother asked me did he like it? He doesn't wear it, but the Mother of the girl said she had a crush on him since seventh grade. My son and her daughter are 15 now. PLEASE SHARE ADVICE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• 16
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• In my house, Someone had to have a driver's license in order to date. So, for one son - his girlfriend had the DL.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Well personally I want my children to date when they are 15-16 yrs old. I am not sure why your son seems to use you as an excuse, maybe it is the fact that he wants to have his license first! I mean from a 15 yr old perspective it is "lame" to get dropped off by your parents and God forbid the girl have to come pick up the guy! Good Luck :)
    B-FigNewton

Answer by B-FigNewton at 10:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• In our house when they can drive and have a job.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think 16 is a good age for an unchaproned date. Depending on the maturity and responsibility level of your child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 15 is old enough :) I think. My first date I believe I was 13 I know I know.... but I think I turned out alright
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• First they have to be able to drive.The only exceptions have been things like the homecoming dance.So far only one has gotten up the courage to ask someone as a ninth grader.Each set of parents drove one way.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I honestly think it depends on the kid and their level of maturity and responsibility. My son is only ten so we have a while before worrying about all that.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• When he can drive.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Dating age for a boy should be the same as a girl at least 16.
    sherryv07

Answer by sherryv07 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2010