What is the BEST.MOST UNIQUE WAY TO HAVE A GARAGE SALE?

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Put up some balloons, and give away popcorn :) You can rent a popcorn cart for like $25 for a day.

Also invest some time in the signs - don't have them look like a 5 yr old with a drug problem made them. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Advertise that you are having one. Have every important item priced. Make sure you have change ready.

Some hints here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have no clue they are all the same to me. The best is to advertise in the paper and have signs up on busy streets close to you and as many close to you.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Garage sales are garage sales.... Being unique has nothing to do with it. Just make sure you are in a good location, have good advertising, follow all the city ordinances in regards to it (you need a permit where I live) and put the big, good stuff out front... especially the kids toys and such. Make sure all the items you put out are clean and displayed well. I have managed to pull in about $750 on my best garage sale. Biggest sellers are kids clothes and toys. If you are selling small kitchen appliances or tvs...make sure you have an outlet to show the buyer that it works. You will be busiest Thursday, Friday Morning and Saturday Morning. Good Luck!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2010