What kind of birth control is best.. besides the pill cuz I always forget to take it..

Im trying figure out what kind of birth control I want.. Ive done the pill but I always forget to take it.. im allergic to the patch, and the depo shot has bad side affects.. Im thinking about the mirena.. whats your opinion..

AirforceWife654

Asked by AirforceWife654 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• I have Paraguard (the copper IUD) and I love it. I don't have to worry about side effects from hormones and it's just as effective.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Mirena IUD! Less period problems, a lot safer than the IUD used to be...Just have it put in and forget it!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 10:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The patch...IUDs aren't for me, and I too forget to take my pill!
    B-FigNewton

Answer by B-FigNewton at 10:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• well..in an hour I'm taking my 12 year old in to "turn off" this ovulation thang...they talked about a shot for the conitnuous pill....i'll let ya know the name of that one...later~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I love the Mirena, I have had mine 2 yrs and no problems. I got it inserted at my 6 week check-up and havent had a period with it.
    I spotted very lightly for 4 weeks and had cramping for the first 2 days. For the first month your SO may feel the threads inside you but after that the soften up and he cant after that. If you have any more questions your more than welcome to send me a messge. There is also a group that I am a member of and you can get a bunch more info.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/38323
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• What ever works best for you. look into all the kinds they have and see what you think would work best for you. For me I found I like the diaphragm. That is what I did when I got tired of how pills were affecting me.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• you cna set your alamr on your cell phone and have your pill in your purse. When your alarm goes off take your pill. I dont know about mirena..but that is how i remember my pill.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Paraguard worked for me. Stay away from the depo! It is awful.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• we use contraceptive inserts called Encare. You simply insert it about 15-20 mins before intercourse & it's 99.9% effective. It's available at almost any pharmacy for about $15 & there are 10-12 applications in the box. It's so simple - you just open the wrap & insert. Voila :) It dissolves into a barrier for the sperm. The best part is it has NO HORMONES so there are no side effects!
    veronicazl

Answer by veronicazl at 10:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Whatever you decide on do not get the depo shot, it has been blacklisted by the FDA because it causes bone marrow deterioration.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010