Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I gain emergency custody of my 5 year old?

She is living in the house with my ex, I also have a 16 year old that has dropped out of school and has an assault charge on a school staff member. A 18 year old that dropped out and now has a child and a 20 year old with a learning disabilty that has never had a job his day consist of playstation3 and sleep. What do I do?


Asked by sammi62403 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Sounds like the kids is a bunch of loosers with Parents that has no good parenting skills. Leave the child where she is, she is better off. Good Luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • I would call the police station for that question. Laws and such differ from state to state so our answers might not even apply to you.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

  • Legal Custody Search results -
    Were do i find legal forms to gat emergency custody of my kids .... She took a 5 year old child to the Dr. to see if she had been. ...

    Answer by vbruno at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

  • AZLawHelp > Topics > Family and Children > Child Custody
    Question: I am a father of a 5 year old and my ex is using meth, she's denying it now, but the signs .... How can I get emergency custody of my two kids? ... -

    Answer by vbruno at 5:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

  • I would call DFS or CPS to try and get custody. They can usually help you walk through the process of getting it done. Hopefully you don't live in MO though.

    Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

  • is an awesome websight, full of ncp's who are caring and have tons of great advice!

    Answer by New2WAHJ at 3:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • Whatever you do, DO NOT CALL CHILDEN'S SERVICES. This has backfired on many good parents. Once CPS takes them, usually none of the family can get them. They will put you thru the wringer in order to get her(even if you have done no wrong) and they will drag their heels long enough to say she has been in care too long and sever all parental rights just so they can adopt her out and get federal money.

    Answer by randi1978 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • Go to court and file for emergency custody. Make police reports about the situation. But file for emergency custody and get as much proof as you can to back up your claims.

    Remember: DO NOT CALL CPS.

    Answer by randi1978 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • Move to Alaska! Teasing, but some days girlfriend ,hugh? Children are such a challenge especially teenagers!!! Children come through us and not from us and because they make poor choices we often will own them and beat ourselves up. I know and you know you are doing the best you can in a bad situation, hang in hun it will get better it always does. I somedays just say "this too shall pass this too shall pass".

    Answer by rosetoes at 1:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2008