you already named your kid!

family is trying to get me to change the name me and my SO have picked out for our daughter..not al of them but like my mom and my sister and a few random people.. its annoying, THEy already named their kid!!! let me name mine... agree? :) lol

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I hate when people do that, I ask for opionons on names but when i said w/ my son he was going to have his dads name people (mostly my mom) would still try and change it and tell me names they liked. My mom still won't call him by his first name.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I wish I would have read it sooner, but I have the Confident Care for the first year book by Jo Frost (super nanny) and she suggests not telling anyone what you've decided until you have it on a birth certificate. I totally understand how you feel, we picked a controversial name and EVERYONE has an opinion - which is usually a negative opinion and keeps trying to suggest other names. I actually got into a really big argument with my brother over it once.
    ToxikSedation

Answer by ToxikSedation at 2:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My mom used to do that. She would give me name after name and would tell me it sounded better than the name we've picked (Jossalyn). But eventually she got over it when she realized that we WERE NOT going to change her name. So now she's comfortable with it and calls out her name, expecting her to kick in response to her name or something. It's like omg mom...she doesn't know her name yet haha!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Do NOT listen to them! It's not their baby. My mom tried that with me all the time. I finally told her that it was none of her business what I named my baby and to shove it up her ass if she didn't like it (yeah I said it)
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• We've decided to name her Brooke Payton...last name Curtis :) I love it...I think its gorgeous. && ps I didnt get it from One tree hill, ive never seen it and didnt know there were people with that name on there lol!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:29 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i Totally agree w MarlyeGirl..i would litterally tell all of them that this is what you're naming YOUR baby that's coming out of YOUR snatch and if the don't like it, SHOVE IT UP THEIR ASS!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My MIL is trying to do that now and EVERYONE know we already have names picked out! DHs family is really controlling that is why they dont have our phone numbers except his mom. We are the parents and we decide these things if I want their opinion they will know.
    MPwife07

Answer by MPwife07 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• brooke is a really nice name, and they can suck it!! i would not even worry about it. have your bf stick up for you around the family, whether it's your family or his.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I LIKE THE NAME BROOKE
    nikkipooh2007

Answer by nikkipooh2007 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I can totally relate, only everyone is trying to get us to change the spelling of the name we chose. We're naming her Ryleigh, but everyone says, "Why not spell it Riley? It's easier"..... and I just want to yell at them! We're her parents, we get to decide how it's spelled!
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 5:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2008