Anyone lost weight with Weight Watchers, Alli, Nutri Systems, or other? Please share how you did it.

I looked in the mirror this morning and decided today is the day I make no excuses. I get control of ME and my lifestyle. I have a great NEW BIZ and I know I can continue on improving adn that includes eating healthier and losing LOTS OF WEIGHT.

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've never done those "diets". When i was pregnant w/ my son 11 years ago i went food-crazy & gained 50 lbs!!!!!!!! Afterwards I just started exercising regularly & staying away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour (actually prefer whole wheat everything, to me its tastes SO MUCH BETTER :O) & limit the sweets. Also eat lots of fruits & veggies & yogurt. Just basically, eat healthy. I wld never count calories or weigh food. I dnt limit myself to the extreme - if i really want a snack, i have it. Eveyrthing in moderation. I shld prob note that after having my son i lost 60 lbs (so 10 more than i gained in the pregnancy!) & i have kept it off since then - almost 12 years later. I live a healthy lifestyle now. It took a LOT OF WORK in teh beginning & i eventually hired a trainer so i could do the exercised the right way & it helped tremendously! Kudos to you on being healthy! & good luck!! Dont give up! :)
    veronicazl

Answer by veronicazl at 11:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I did nutri system and lost 30 lbs in 2 months and I've kept it off. I'm starting again this friday to lose some more.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• A friend of mine is on WW and is doing great!

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 10:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I like Weight Watchers. I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, but my mom has lost 25 pounds. I like it because nothing is off limits as long as you are accountable.
    jenn1172

Answer by jenn1172 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I did weight watchers and barely lost weight. But it really helped me to understand how to eat food that I enjoy and portions. Good luck
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm doing WW, have been losing by ONLY sticking to my points - not exercising or anything else at this point, only counting food points. I'm about 13 lbs down from where I started.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I lost on WW...I like it because you can still eat whatever you want and it works with your life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I use Juice Plus fruit & veggie capsules and meal replacement shake. Lost 19 lbs effortlessly and I actually crave fruits and veggies instead of junk food now. Let me know if you'd like more info.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No ... I tried WW years ago but honestly, I knew more about healthy eating and nutrition than anyone there did. My sister tried Seattle Sutton but the food was ridicuously high in sodium and could not be considered healthy by any means. I followed the food pyramid guidelines faithfully (never even cheated once) at my doctor's suggestion another time and gained 25 pounds as a result. I knew that, for me, just cutting fat and calories and eating healthy and exercising were not the answer. I was finally able to lose 50+ pounds (and keep it off) without any effort whatsoever by restricting (not eliminating, but limiting) carbs (the bad ones); I didn't start out doing it for weight loss but it's what did the trick for me. That was over 10 years ago.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Ive done nutrisystem and weight watchers. Both definitely work, if you stick to the diets. I lost 13 lbs in one month on Nutrisystem, but unfortunately gained 5 back after that month. I have been using WW on and off since my son was born, and everytime I have done it, it HAS worked. As long as you stick to the diet plan. I counted points, and its great bc you get and extra 35 points per week, so you dont have to feel like you are cheating if you decide to treat yourself to something. My first go at WW I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks. My problem is I get to the point where I start to feel comfortable with my weight and eventually stop dieting. As long as you stick to either of these programs, I say they definitely do work, and they help you realize and develop healthy eating habits & patterns! GL to you! Im trying to lose 15-20 more but cant seem to find the motivation :(
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010