I dont understand...

Ok I know what a Braxton Hick contraction feels like...and normally they dont hurt. But for about the last hour I have been getting them and they hurt. The pain is low down like a menstral cramp and in my mid back. Its kinda a sharp pain. Im only 29 wks. I havent been spotting or anything like that. Whats going on!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think if you;ve been having them more than an hour you should call. have you been timing them at all?
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• No. But I would say they are like every two or three minutes for about 45 seconds.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I would call the dr.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Yeah, try to time them - but if they get longer and more intense you should definately give the doctor a call. It sounds like you could possibly have back labor, but then again I don't really know. I'm due in 2 days and I honestly couldn't tell you what a braxton hicks feels like!! Anyway, try drinking some water or something, and walk around a little and see if they go away. If they don't and they continue to get more intense, give your doctor a call just to be sure. Hope that helped at least a little =/
    ToxikSedation

Answer by ToxikSedation at 2:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i had the same thing when i was pregnant. doc otld me i was deyidrated. drink losts of fluid and keep ur feet up. worked for me.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 3:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2008